Dr. Melissa Quinn
The Whole Person – Whole Family Psychiatrist
My passion is helping people experience true wellness. I strongly believe that there is a wholesome, healthy solution to all of life’s struggles, including mental health, emotional trauma, and behavioral issues. That is why I have dedicated my life to helping patients through child and family psychiatry.
“Whole person – whole family” is my motto. Our culture today, especially in Los Angeles, emphasizes prescriptions as “the solution.” This never really gets at the root of the problem. I can help you or your child find the power to overcome issues in a way that is wholesome, healthy, and lasting. I offer treatment for everything from anxiety and depression to attention disorders, behavioral disorders like OCD, and brain injuries (TBI).
What Sets Me Apart?
I get it – deciding to see a psychiatrist is not easy; but I’m here to tell you that I truly can help.
My professional credentials include:
- Double Board-Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Board-Certified by the American Board of Integrative and Holistic Medicine
- Adult Psychiatry Residency & Internship – University of Southern California (USC)
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship – Cedars Sinai Medical Center
- Extensive Experience treating adults and children across Los Angeles Extensive Experience treating adults and children across Los Angeles
So what does this all mean for you? It means that I have the training, experience, and heart to help you be the best person that you can be. My approach isn’t to pressure you, but to provide support and a helping hand; to uncover your inner strength; and to guide you toward the solution that’s right for you.
Am I Right for You?
When it comes to choosing a psychiatrist, it’s important to keep in mind that finding the right “fit” is a crucial part of the therapeutic alliance. So, how do you know if I am I the right “fit” for you?
Who I Treat
I am an adult and child psychiatrist. This means I am able to treat:
Issues I Treat
I specifically treat mental, emotional, and behavioral issues, including:
- Anxiety, depression & mood disorders
- Postpartum mood and anxiety disorders
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD) in both adults and children
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Concussions & Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
Services I Offer
I provide the following types of services for adults, adolescents, children, and families:
- Psychiatric consultations
- One time consultation service
- Treatment formulation and recommendations
- Supplement and medication management
- Ongoing psychotherapy