Your First Psychiatric Appointment
What to Expect & How to Prepare
Your first appointment with a psychiatrist may seem intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be! I am Dr. Melissa Quinn, a double board-certified psychologist in Los Angeles offering a welcoming, comfortable space for patients to seek treatment improve their mental health.
Keep reading for helpful information on what you can expect at your first appointment with a psychiatrist, as well as tips on how to prepare for the most successful initial appointment possible. Please visit my FAQ page for further information to help you learn more about me and the methods I use!
What Happens During a Psychiatric Appointment
- What will my psychiatrist ask me?
- What does a psychiatrist do for anxiety/depression?
- Do psychiatrists drug test on a first visit?
- How long are psychiatrist sessions?
- Your medical history
- Any family history of psychiatric issues
- What brings you in to see them
- How you’re doing
- What answers/solutions you are looking for
Psychiatrist Appointment Preparation
- Past & present medications, including the dates and frequency you took them
- Family health & psychiatric history
- Medical concerns & existing diagnoses
Take that first step! Contact me online or call now to schedule your first appointment with a psychiatrist in Los Angeles.